Firearms License Process
A New Zealand Firearms Licence is mandatory prior to joining the Club.
Below is the process and information on obtaining a New Zealand Firearms Licence
1. Take application to a Post Shop and pay the application fee. Remember to keep your receipt.
2. Fill in the application for a New Zealand firearms licence. Do not fill in the test on the back page at this point.
3. Attend a firearms safety course and sit the safety test. To make an appointment contact your nearest Police Station
4. Take your application to the nearest Police station. Take with you
Your application form
Proof that you have completed the safety course from step 1
2 recent passport style photos
3 documents that prove your identity (passport, birth certificate, drivers licence, photo ID, credit card etc...)
Contact details of 2 character referees. One referee must be your spouse or next of kin, the other must be over 20 and not related.
Your receipt of payment from the Post Shop
5. After submitting your application, someone will arrange to visit you. They will interview you and check your firearms security arrangements. They will arrange to interview your referees